Thread Replies Views
GoG GO#1 5 years ago by less 12 92
less Friend  •  Trainee  •  Posts: 37
It would be great if the votekick/voteban requirement would be lower, there's a lack of admins on the server and it's constantly filled with cheaters and other rule breakers that are impossible to get rid of.

This thread has been closed!
GoG |ShadoW Founder  •  Administrator  •  Posts: 217
This is obsolete as of prime_only and the new !calladmin plugin.
vinkelkrigeren User  •  Elite  •  Posts: 245
@Nitro http://bans.gog-clan.com/index.php?p=banlist take a look on this before you decide, take a look on the players online at any time, we wont get hurt from missing out on non primes, we got many ppl returning on a daily basis, its those we live on, im having ppl telling me " just ban me, i got 20 accounts ", and they do! wtf can i do ?

we need changes, or im giving up on the server
Pünktchen Waiting for assignment  •  Administrator  •  Posts: 1229
i told nitro to switch to prime only but he doesn´t want to listen to me.
i am sorry but i can´t help you much in that case.
The 2 bans at 06.10.2019 19:21, just another incident where it took 2 maps for us to voteban them away.

Would also highly suggest changing it to prime only and since in this thread Abu and me are the only ones that actively play on the server it would be good if other players would give their opinion on this matter or get their opinion outside of the forum.
we really need to take action on this guys and find a solution http://bans.gog-clan.com/index.php?p=banlist, the 5 permanent bans between 05.10.2019 18:41 and 05.10.2019 19:13  was all non prime and brandnew, when im not around on the server nobody can ban them, they join in bulks on occasions too, recieved multiple complaints about this while ive been out of town, i think we should start really considdering PRIME only 
i ban non primes more than any, 3 within 5 minuts today. maybe an reduction isent the solution, but prime only is ?
Still on a low player count it depends on who's playing, happened many times that some really just don't care about having a cheater on the server.

If the percentage would a little bit lower I don't see how it could be abused since there's very little people really using it.

Have seen several times that a cheater has no problem playing an entire map or even a second one without getting votebanned and on another note the amount of votebans that one can do should also be higher, there has been incidents where the server would die off because they just come back with different accounts and no one could vote.

Try playing on the server for several days without using any of your admin privilege and see what would suit the server, could be all very different per person on how things are being experienced.
aXept Friend  •  Expert  •  Posts: 127
I can see the frustration of not get a player banned when needed because lack of votes (eough votes). But on the other side, I fear it can be used against people that in reality should'nt be banned/kicked. 

But as Ive experienced, if its a hacker there seems to be no problem to vote the player of. 
yes that is correct John, its percentage based, but the percentage seems very high to me,

im gonna have less elaborate as he's the one who's experince this first hand
John' Waiting for assignment  •  Administrator  •  Posts: 278
If I am not mistaken the votesystem is build on percentages.

So the less players are in the vote, the less players are needed vor a successful vote.

If the Server is full I can understand, that this is actually hard for a vote to pass, but if the server is mid to nearly empty the system should work fine.

Thread Information

Category name: Servers
Category description: Ideas / Suggestions for the servers

Thread status: Closed